Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas 2012 commission fun!

This entry is long overdue, but I wanted to be sure all gifts were received before I posted it! So without further ado, here is my 'epic' entry of the best Christmas commissions I did this year.

Weighted Companion Cube 

The Companion Cube was the first on a list of new challenges I had this year. My first attempt was much smaller than this and much messier. I still feel this second version is a bit rough, but I was really happy with it. I ended up making it in two stages, which for this worked great. I did the base cube plus the dark pink lines in the first bake, and then added the light grey and hearts for the second.





These Tetris-inspired pieces were fun and simple to make. I may have played some "games" with the unfinished charms after they were baked and before the eyes were screwed in... ;) The purple T earrings were much smaller than the necklace/bracelet charms. I may make some earrings for myself, because they were just too cute.



A firm favourite in my custom items are my book charms. This year I had a bumper amount of requests for them, including this batch of bookmarks. I also made some book earrings and pendants!



This was another multiple-baker. Flounder from The Little Mermaid is looking a bit more Nemo-ish, he definitely could have used chubbier cheeks, but I'm still happy with him. Again, my multiple bake methods are new and untested so I found lots of problems to contend with, but the finished product was still pretty darn cute.



These were a request from a friend- the popular piranha plant earrings, which look as if they're biting your ears as you wear them! I had issues with these multiple-bakers as well. I know where I went wrong though so if I was asked again I would be pretty confident in making them!


And finally, these cute little badges were for a friend to give to two of his designer friends. They depict logos from the respective design portfolio websites, and were a lot of fun to do. 

I had a good amount of commissions for variations of things I've done before as well- but as you can see the weather didn't do my photos any good and in my rushing I didn't get good pictures of everything. I do try to take a picture of everything I make that's unique, even when it's pouring and black and the sun has gone down at 2pm because it's the end of the world.

Hopefully I'll post my New Year's craft idea here soon, I just need some of that sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment